We are looking for Java Engineer to help us build the systems our customers dream of.
You will be part of our development team and take a vital role in driving new and improving existing features. Developers who enjoy solving complex problems with elegant solution implementation approaches are our ideal candidates. As a developer at Web Factory, you’ll be empowered to make your own decisions and you can always rely on the help and input of your teammates at the same time.
Our customers operate in various sectors: FinTech, Healthcare, Hospitality [Booking Systems], and Entertainment. We provide end-to-end services to our customers, from software design to UI design, and everything in between. You will be working with a team that values trust, respect, and diversity. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams enjoys collaborating and appreciates the importance of communication and feedback.
Who you are
- You are a highly motivated individual eager to learn and share knowledge.
- You favor a focused approach to getting things done and prefer a quality-conscious way of programming.
- You have the ability to work independently and with a group.
- You have strong problem-solving, verbal, and written communication skills.
- You have working experience in an agile environment.
What you'll do
You will collaborate with fellow developers - including the team lead, and work together to:
- Plan and define the direction of the technical solutions, including the system architecture, used tools and practices, and more.
- Take ownership over individual functionality - no limit on how large or small.
- Design and implement APIs in coordination with client applications' (frontend and mobile) developers, or based on user feedback.
- Constantly work on code quality improvements through refactoring, code reviews, writing tests.
- Provide guidance for less experienced engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
- Read logs, stack traces, troubleshoot, and debug applications to investigate and correct issues.
- You can expect to work with the following technologies and more: Spring Boot including many of its components, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis) databases, RabbitMQ / Kafka.
What we expect you to bring
- Patience and perseverance to overcome challenges, solve problems, and willingness to improve.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Java backend development. In any case, if you otherwise see yourself in this job posting, we would love to hear from you.
- Competence and comfort using Spring Boot - our framework of choice.
- You will research and put into practice things you don't know, regarding new libraries, technologies, and tools.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and make adjustments in a testing environment.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Fully flexible working hours. You decide when it’s time for work. We trust that you will get the job done during your 40-hour workweek.
- Mentorship & guidance from day one.
- Private health insurance.
- Equipment and tools to help you with your job.
- Fit Kit profile with 36 credits added to it each month.
- Relax zone, both indoor and outdoor.
- Personalized career path according to your own goals.
- Option to choose for being remote even after Covid-19.