We are looking for Senior Java Engineer to help us build the systems our customers dream of.
You will be part of our development team and take a vital role in driving new and improving existing features. Developers who enjoy solving complex problems with elegant solution implementation approaches are our ideal candidates. As a developer at Web Factory, you’ll be empowered to make your own decisions and you can always rely on the help and input of your teammates at the same time.
Our customers operate in various sectors: FinTech, Healthcare, Hospitality [Booking Systems], and Entertainment. We provide end-to-end services to our customers, from software design to UI design, and everything in between. You will be working with a team that values trust, respect, and diversity. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams, enjoys collaborating and appreciates the importance of communication and feedback.
*According to the current situation, the recruitment process will be via video call
Who you are
- You are a highly motivated individual eager to learn and share knowledge
- You have an in-depth understanding of web development
- You favor a focused approach to getting things done and prefer a quality-conscious way of programming
- You have the ability to work independently or with a group
- You have strong problem solving, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have working experience in an agile environment.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement restful APIs based on customer and user feedback
- Review design documents and provide feedback on approach and estimates
- Collaborate with front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
- Improve our code quality through writing unit and integration tests and performing regular code reviews
- Build prototypes to determine the feasibility of new features and requirements
- Provide mentorship for less experienced Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy
- Contribute to architectural decisions and solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
What we expect you to bring
- Patience and perseverance to overcome challenges, solve problems, and learn new computer languages and techniques.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Java backend development, and 3+ years’ experience in server/client architectures - ideally cloud-based. In any case, if you otherwise see yourself in this job posting, we would love to hear from you
- Familiarity and experience with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis), message-brokers (e.g. RabbitMq, Kafka), distributed systems (e.g. service discovery, load balancing, tracing), architectural patterns (e.g. event sourcing, API gateway/composition, anti-corruption layer)
- Competence and comfort using Spring Boot - our framework of choice
- Ability to gather accurate requirements and work closely with stakeholders to prioritize tasks and the scope of development
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and make adjustments in a testing environment
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM Methodologies
Not necessarily needed, but also helpful
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with performance and optimization problems
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Fully flexible working hours. You decide when it’s time for work. We trust that you will get the job done during your 40-hour workweek
- Mentorship & guidance from day one
- Private health insurance
- FitKit profile with 36 credits added to it each month
- Relax zone, both indoor and outdoor
- Flat Hierarchy
- Personalized career path according to your own goals
- Option to choose for being remote even after Covid-19.